Fusion Media Group
Product Manager, September 2016* - March 2018
Technology product manager specializing in native ads, commerce, video tools, content consumption, editorial tools, and reader engagement throughout Kinja, Fusion Media Group's (FMG) publishing platform. Kinja is a lightweight, intuitive CMS that focuses on supporting great journalism and the diversified revenue streams that enable it.
FMG is the publisher of the web’s most beloved media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Onion, The AV Club, FUSION.net, The Root, and Clickhole, reaching 70MM unique visitors a month -- more than one third of all Americans.
Dedicated Native & Commerce Product Lead - Q3 2016 to March 2018
- Replaced our in-house native ad system with Google’s DFP solution, improving reliability and enabling programmatic backfill capability.
- Streamlined the workflow for setting up native campaigns from our internal tool.
- Launching an in-page payment processing feature to shorten the conversion path for promoted products.
Acting GMG Video Product Lead - Q1 2016 to July 2018
- Led the integration of JW Player as the central source of video content and advertisements, allowing for greater internal customizability and increased revenue sources. Impacts included increasing available impressions for outstream and preroll ads to 100%, preroll viewability to 90%, and overall viewable impressions by %186.
- Launched the platform's first video pages for all O&O sites, "click-to-play" capability that allows readers to watch videos from the homepages, internal video management tools, and internal preroll moderation tools.
- Increased outstream and preroll available impressions to 100%
- Increased video exposure by 92%
- Increased video plays by 22.5%
* This is the same job as my previous role at Gawker Media LLC, except that technically my employment shifted to Univision after they acquired Gawker Media LLC in September 2016.